WHAT WE DO
We are here to provide practical and compassionate support in a non-judgmental atmosphere to anyone facing the possibility of a pregnancy-related crisis. We strive to be culturally relevant, cross-generational and ethnically diverse in our programs and services. All of our services are free and confidential because everyone should have access to this information.
Our on-site services include:
Free pregnancy testing
Abortion Pill Reversal
Pregnancy Case Management
Ultrasound to determine pregnancy viability
Confirmation of pregnancy
Childbirth and parenting classes
Adoption education and referrals
Men to Men mentoring
Other services include:
Ongoing pregnancy support
Referrals to community agencies
Medical and legal referrals
Life style education
Limited emergency assistance
Clients looking for these services can find us at www.freepregnancytest.com
Commitment to Care and Competence
1. Clients are served without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, political beliefs, or religion.
2. Clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and in a caring manner.
3. Clients always receive honest and open answers.
4. Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
5. Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
6. Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
7. We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
8. All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describes the services we offer.
9. We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
10. We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
11. We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
12. Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
13. All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
"If I have this baby, my boyfriend will leave me."
Let me tell you about a God who promises to never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
“My parents will kick me out of the house if I don’t have an abortion.”
There’s a father who loves you unconditionally
and promises, “When your father and mother forsake you, He will take you up.” Psalms 27:10
Dear Friend of the Ministry,
Regardless of the circumstances and fears surrounding an unplanned pregnancy, the Word of God gives truth and hope. God doesn’t promise a painless path, but He promises that if we choose his way, He will walk with us through these valleys. He promises to give us “beauty for ashes” at the end of our difficult journey.
Our ministry is to plant His Word in the hearts of men and women, trusting the Holy Spirit to convict, empower, and encourage each client. Then we follow God’s lead in helping with emergency and practical needs. My prayer and sincere wish is that you would be compelled to give a gift towards this life saving ministry. Thank you for your faith, friendship, and support!
Sylvia B. Johnson
Chief Executive Officer
Houston Pregnancy Help Center
Fifth Ward & Downtown
Houston Pregnancy Help Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.